[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Bristol Railway Archive • View topic - Introducing Stoneroad

The Bristol Railway Archive

This forum is for anyone to post their thoughts and questions about the railways of Bristol or this website. All feedback is most welcome :)
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:56 pm 
regular

August 2013 Updates :

In the last month I have uploaded about 25 images to ipernity; and begun turning the status of the vast majority for my f****r images to private, as I intend to use ipernity for displaying my work.
Also my homepage has been updated; to include the details of new projects (NSR61) and to link the image gallery titles to the relevant ipernity albums …… If all goes according to plan, details some further new work will be added shortly ……

Project reports :-
It is with considerable pleasure and pride that we announce the completion of NSR127 and that the carriage has been returned to the NSRRSRT at Caversall Road. Some more images, from the NSRRSRT / Foxfield Railway are due to be uploaded shortly.
The low loader that collected the carriage has brought us NSR61 in exchange. Sorting out the “one off & one on” event took a certain amount of planning and occupied quite a significant area outside our workshop and part of a neighbouring area, also attracting much attention ! NSR61 is currently being examined as the first stage of the work to final completion that we are to undertake for the NSRRSRT, funding is mainly from a PRISM grant. Work on the doors (sub-project) has already started, with the first door already showing significant progress from this image.
The refit of the Miller Fifer has progressed with several tasks reaching various levels of completion. A number of minor works, almost as snagging details, have continued to the interior, more work has been carried out on the cockpit coamimg / backrest and to the topsides in general, including re-varnishing the masts.
I am still aiming to get a few extra images of the work carried out on the Sentinel Steam Waggon .
I have been told that the Bread Van we overhauled for Beamish Museum has now been sign-written; and I hope to have some images shortly.

There are a number of other items “in hand” but they have managed to escape the camera……but not for long….. I’ve managed a few non-work images as well, including a trip to Whitby (again) but mainly the rescue of a Blackbird nestling to a fully fledged juvenile, currently in an avairy prior to a soft release. I suspect that it may be somewhat imprinted, but it is quite capable of finding food already.
And Ben de-Dog has been enjoying his visits to the workshop, and Whitby – even on a sunny day ! and getting home again……and walking / playing with “Ziggy” down by and in the river.

Please – feel free to have a plodge around in my photostream or dip into the albums, you can click on the thumbnails that interest you to get a larger version.
Should you be another ipernity member then you will be able to add a comment or maybe even select a favourite (or several). If you are not already signed up, I would encourage you to try ipernity, they do a free membership level, as well as their *club* subscription service.

Thanks for looking.
StoneRoad

visit

to see what has been done! Perhaps we can do something for you?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:20 pm 
regular

Long time no post !
But, I hope to resume my update service shortly; however, I'm currently uploading a lot of images to Ipernity.

visit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:44 pm 
regular

My goodness, how times flies ...

"Normal service" may be resumed in the near future, I hope !

I have done an update to my website and made a start on the current backlog of images for Ipernity.

visit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:23 am 
regular

Quick note to let you know how things are going ( being snowed in has had *some* advantages ! )

I am still playing catch-up with project images ...
completed (or almost so) are the albums for
a) NER 2853
b) the 3ft gauge replica / exhibit for Ravenglass museum
c) Bowes "Ordinary" 971
and then I need to get up to date with the "Knotty Brake"
as well as the many other random things I see ...

The Link in my sig takes you to my "album home page" so feel free to have an explore.

visit

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:33 pm 
regular

This is somewhat belated, so my apologies for the delay.

The Knotty Heritage passenger brake, NSR23 (whose remains were retrieved from a wood on the shores of Rudyard Lake under the supervision of an archaeologist) was officially launched on 1st May 2019 and entered public service at the Foxfield Railway's Victorian Gala over the 4th, 5th and 6th of May. The adaptations for wheelchair passengers was greatly appreciated by Olly, who was the first to make use of them.

Pictures of the finished NSR23, various other projects and a range of items that have interested me are posted on Ipernity, with more to add in the near future.

visit