[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Bristol Railway Archive • View topic - Tytherington branch

The Bristol Railway Archive

This forum is for anyone to post their thoughts and questions about the railways of Bristol or this website. All feedback is most welcome :)
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Tytherington branch
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:51 am 
regular

Hi,

I recently sent a FOI request to NR regarding the now expired (09/2015) temporary two year OUT OF USE status of the branch, i have received the following reply:

"Dear Mr South

Thank you for contacting us in respect of the future of the Tytherington Branch Line.

You are correct in thinking that the temporary closure of the line has expired and we are currently preparing the line for possible re-opening next year.

It is probable that this line will be re-opened shortly.

I hope you find this information useful; however, if you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Kind regards

Lily Exton"

So, here's hoping we may see some more traffic on the branch...

Post subject: Re: Tytherington branch
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:29 am 
regular

Thoght so as they have bben putting back the bits that were borrowed from the crossings over the last 2 years and also a few pallets of parts have appeared by the lineside in a few places. there also seems to be a bit more activity at the quarry lately.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:22 pm 
regular

There is some traffic expected out of the quarry. It was supposed to be this year but its been put back a year so we have been told in work.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:57 pm 
regular

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:19 am 
regular

Speculation on my part but I wonder if it's tied up with the proposed M4 relief road around Newport. Similar to the fly ash trains which came out of Llanwern for the M5 back in the 70's.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:26 am 
regular

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:05 pm 
regular

Absolutely correct Andy. Old age doesn't come alone! I was probably remembering the time I spent in Llanwern as an army reservist recovering redundant machinery. My OC was a CEGB engineer and had authority for us to use the place for a training exercise. I suspect he made a few bob selling it for scrap.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:09 pm 
regular

Thats a bit odd as i dont think there is a Tarmac plant at tytherington. well not yet anyway :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:21 pm 
regular

Two Network Rail engineers at Latteridge level crossing yesterday afternoon, I wish I had time to stop and ask for myself when we can expect some traffic on the line.

Any ideas what they were upto, could this indicate some activity? :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:09 am 
regular

They have been working on the crossings for weeks now, putiing new lighting etc in place.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:06 pm 
regular

The Bypass crossing looks finished, and smart with it they have repalced the old wooden post and rail fencing with Palisade fencing, but in white which i think looks very smart and a bit retro.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:02 pm 
regular

Work on the points by the looks of it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:04 am 
regular

The below now features on realtime trains, do we know anything more?

"6M67 1053 Tytherington to Willesden Dc Rail Sidings"

My wife keeps horses at a farm nearby Iron Acton bypass crossing and she reports NR engineers there quite frequently, cannot be long until we see some traffic surely?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:47 pm 
regular

Bypass crossing having work done on it today.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:47 pm 
regular

There is no immediate plans to start trains But MRL want to run 42 jumbo sets out of there to Bow. Current thinking is to split the set at Yate middle run half down to the quarry and return back for the second half. I've no idea of the lay out in the quarry but from talk it will involve a lot of messing around. Although how DB will even manage this with the mad axe men swinging their axes around !